Make your career count with the SPFL Trust
Welcome to the SPFL Trust's careers page.
We're a friendly team supporting SPFL clubs to deliver some amazing programmes.
Here you will find our latest vacancies, including information on how to apply.
Reporting to: SPFL Trust Chief Executive
Salary: £100-£125/day (depending on experience)
Hours: Approx. 2 days per month
Location: Hampden Park, Glasgow
Scottish Professional Football League Trust - Overview
The Scottish Professional Football League Trust is the charitable arm of the Scottish Professional Football League and was established to lead and co-ordinate community engagement activities across all 42 member clubs.
SPFL clubs have a track record of credible and sustained activity, using football and physical activity as a tool to deliver positive life changes in the communities they serve. The SPFL Trust seeks to build on this reputation and co-ordinate projects that will be centrally funded and operate within and across the clubs.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Book Keeper to support the Chief Executive and Company Treasurer in their duties and to help ensure the smooth processing of purchase orders, expenses, accounts payable, accounts receivable, day-to-day financial management and reporting both organisationally and on a project by project basis.
Other associated, ad hoc general office administrative tasks (answering the telephone, printing etc) as may be required.
This position reflects the need to maintain robust financial controls across the organisation.The position is permanent and part-time likely 2 days per month to be agreed and can involve a mixture of home working and office based work.
Both personal and book keeping references will be required.
- Regular management (receipt and processing) of purchase order system using Microsoft Excel
- Regular entering of accounts payable invoices (on average 15 per month) to PO list
- Data entry to Sage Line 50 Charities or similar
- Processing of bank transactions (on average 50 transactions per month) on Sage Line 50 or similar and reconciliation to bank statements
- Monthly reconciliation of credit card expenses on Excel
- Processing of personal expenses submissions on Excel
- Payment Processing on banking software
- Assisting with preparation of financial reports
- Data Management - Scanning, copying, filing, archiving
- Other ad hoc administration tasks as required
Qualifications and Experience
- A recognised accounting / book keeping qualification or with significant proven book keeping experience
- Minimum 5 years’ working on charitable accounts
- Minimum of 3 years’ working with Sage Line 50 Charities or similar
- Confident use of Windows based IT systems
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly numerate
- An eye for detail and precision
- Good use of English language
- A positive attitude to work
- The ability to work alone
- To maintain the corporate identity of the company at all times, and to maintain strict commercial confidentiality
To apply please send CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 10th February
Please note that employment is conditional on the successful applicant undergoing reference and PVG checks.