Who we are
Welcome to The Scottish Professional Football League Trust’s (SPFL Trust) privacy notice. This privacy notice provides information on how SPFL Trust, a private limited company by guarantee without share capital with Company Number SC369633 and Charity Number SC041121, collects and processes your personal data collected from you through your interaction with this website www.spfltrust.org.uk (website).
Through accessing our website and/or submitting an enquiry through the website you are consenting to the collection, retention and use of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy notice.
SPFL Trust is the data controller and responsible for your personal data. We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO). If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our data protection practices please contact the DPO.
DPO Contact Details
Thorntons Law LLP (contact: Rachel Lawson), email address email@example.com , postal address: Whitehall House, 33 Yeaman Shore, Dundee, DD1 4BJ, telephone number: 01382 229 111.
What is personal data?
Personal Data: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Special Category of Data: means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
When we use the term ‘personal data’ we mean both personal data and special category of data.
What personal data is SPFL Trust processing?
- Personal details (such as your name, e-mail address and telephone number) which you provide by submitting an enquiry via the website.
- How you use the website and any other information you post, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
- IP addresses – we may collect information where available about your IP (internet protocol) address, operating system and browser type. This data provides us with information about users’ browsing actions and patterns. It is used to inform improvements to the website and for internal system administration.
Where did SPFL Trust obtain my personal data from?
The personal data (name, e-mail and telephone number) is gathered from the information you input on the website’s enquiry page. IP addresses may be collected, where available, from data subjects when they access the SPFL Trust website.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit SPFL Trust’s website. They do not cause your computer any harm nor do they identify you personally, they only identify the computer being used to access the site. The cookies obtain information in relation to your use of the website. SPFL Trust uses this information to help us monitor the use of our website and be able to then provide you with a better user experience by remembering how you like things displayed, measuring how you use the website, ensuring the website works properly and improving navigation.
Listed below are the file names for the cookies we set on your browser.
||This cookie is used to ensure that all other cookies are not set on this website. It is enabled by clicking the opt out button above||Jan 01 2100|
||This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to this site. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to this site and it is updated with each page view.||2 years from set/update.|
||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with this site. Each time a user visits a different page on your site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes.||30 minutes from set/update.|
||This cookie is set by Google for historical reasons and is no longer used||Session|
||This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign.||6 months from set/update.|
||Fontdeck sets a cookie with no name in order to provide secure font delivery as part of their font delivery service.||Session|
Where will SPFL Trust keep my data?
Your personal data will be stored on SPFL Trust’s secure server located in the UK.
Why is SPFL Trust processing my personal data?
SPFL Trust is processing your personal data for the purposes of responding to enquiries and/or sending you communications about events, activities or projects SPFL Trust is running or otherwise supporting. In relation to IP addresses, we use this to inform improvements to the website and for internal system administration. By using the SPFL Trust website and providing your personal data via the enquiry page or otherwise through the website you are consenting to SPFL Trust processing your personal data for these purposes.
Will my personal data be shared with any other organisation/third parties and if so, why?
SPFL Trust will not share your personal data with any other organisation or third parties without seeking your prior consent. An exception to this would be where we are required to share your personal data in accordance with law or any regulatory requirement to which SPFL Trust is subject or where we are undergoing a corporate restructure.
Will my personal data be shared outside of the EEA?
SPFL Trust will not share your personal data outside of the EEA without first seeking your prior consent.
Is my personal data safe?
SPFL Trust works hard to protect your personal data and have adopted appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep it safe from unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to SPFL Trust via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
How can I stop SPFL Trust using my personal data for marketing purposes if I no longer wish to receive communications from SPFL Trust?
If you no longer wish to receive communication from SPFL Trust via e.g. our monthly newsletter and would like your personal data removed from our database please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
How long will SPFL Trust retain my personal data?
SPFL Trust will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for or until such time that you withdraw your consent and exercise your right to request that SPFL Trust stops processing your personal data.
Does SPFL Trust make any automated decisions about me or profile my personal data?
SPFL Trust does not make automated decisions about you and also does not profile your personal data.
What are my rights in relation to the personal data SPFL Trust holds about me?
We have summarised your rights below. Please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com to exercise these.
- If we are relying on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, at which point we shall stop processing your personal data in that way. Please note this does not affect the legality of our processing up to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
- You can seek to restrict our processing of your personal data, ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you or object to us processing your personal data for the purposes stated above.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that we have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/
- You have the right to access personal data held by us about you.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to allow you (or us on your behalf) to transmit this information to another party. More information can be found at https://ico.org.uk
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you. Such circumstances include (a) where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes set out above; (b) if you withdraw your consent to our processing; (c) if you object to our processing based on our legitimate interest and we have no overriding legitimate grounds to continue processing your personal data; (d) if we process the data unlawfully; or (e) where the personal data has to be erased to comply with legal obligation to which we are subject. We will consider any such request in line with GDPR. Please note this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where we choose not to delete all of the personal data we hold about you. More information about your right of erasure can be found at https://ico.org.uk.
Third Party Links
SPFL Trust’s website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these notices before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice. However any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be communicated to you in some manner.